Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The Partner-in-crime

When I first watched Gossip Girl, I knew I was gonna love it. Good-looking guys. Elite people. Manhattan. Chic. Fashionable. Blair. Nate. Chuck.


But, really, what made it interesting was, eventhough how bitchy, wicked and stubborn Blair is, she found herself a bestfriend in the person of Serena.


When Serena knew that Blair wasn't gonna get into Yale, she was there for her and same thing goes to S when B knew that she killed someone. She didn't judge Serena and instead, helped her resolve issues.

Having a boyfriend is great but having a bestfriend is even greater. It's a BLESSING.

Who would you call in the middle of the night when you and your guy fight?

Who would suggest you a make-over when you're not looking your best?

Who would tolerate your naighty-ness for the sake of your happiness?

Who would criticize you in a nice wat as not to hurt your feelings?

Or who would you share those bars of chocolate when you feel down and depressed?

Just your Bestfriend. Thank heavens, literally, since I first met C in this church community called Antioch. She was one of the prettiest in my batch and as I was in that superficial episode of my life, I only talked to pretty people. We didn't hit the friendship mode until a year after - and it's because between the two of us, C is the friendlier one.


Eversince C and I became friends, it was so easy for me telling my thoughts to her. It was comfortable being me. It made me think of friendships like Courteney Cox and Jennifer Aniston's, Katie Holmes and Victoria Beckham's, Tobey Maguire and Leonardo diCaprio's or the infamous BROMANCE of Ben Affleck and Matt Damon.

They are all twosomes. People who have found their partners-in-crime in the other. Friends that aren't as alike (personality-wise), but can meet halfway for the sake of friendship. That is what I feel about my friendship with C. Safe yet careless.

Last Sunday, C and I planned a movie date. Call it divine intervention but we were both wearing the same thing - black and white striped blouse and a pair of  black shorts. We also both wore flip-flops.

We first went to the grocery to buy 2 bars of chocolate, 4 kinds of potato chips, mini wafer bars, cheesy flakes, chocolate cookies, iced tea and lemonade. We made it specific to buy sweets because we both know that John Lloyd Cruz and Bea Alonzo will never fail to make anyone hopelessly in-love. And we don't wanna allow that feeling at the moment since there are enough dramas happening in our lovelives lately.
As the movie went on, we weren't able to eat those bags of chips and drink the lemonade that costs $2 We both shared tissue papers for 2 reasons: One, that we were so touched and moved by the story and two; that we both can relate to it.

The amazing thing about it was - we never were ashamed of sobbing inside the theater. I never felt embarassed crying over a tagalog, cheesy, hopeless romantic film and it's because I was with someone who understands my whole being.

Isn't it nice to have someone by your side days after Valentine's Day and you're lovelife-less, alone and single? I know it sounds pathetic but what have we? No C, No P. Nobody exactly. Just us.

This is so mushy hearing from a girl bestfriend but I promise you that my favorite color is still pink, my favorite word is make-up and eventhough how gorgeous Angelina Jolie could be, I'd still prefer dating Brad Pitt. I'm straight.

It's just that we complement each other a lot. I'm the bread and she's the butter. I'm the milk and she's the coffee. I'm the sago and she's the gulaman. Hahaha!!

And if ever I tell her, I killed someone, I know she'd help me out how to lie to the cops. Or surrender. Or disappear. And here's what, I'd do the same thing to her.

Heck. I just found my SERENA.

Me and bessie!

No comments:

Post a Comment